Members of the Coalition of Somali Human Rights Defenders (CHRDS)
*** membership has two categories:
- Full membership
- Associate membership
List of the Members:
1. Horn News Agency For Human Rights (HANAHR) www.hanahr.net/who-we-are
Mission – HANAHR promotes, defends and advocates for human rights with women & children rights as top priority in horn of Africa region.
Contact Details: Shadiya A. , Email: HRDs@hanahr.net
2. ISHA HUMAN RIGHTS ORGANISATION Improving human rights protection thought peace, justice, human right awareness. Horsed Village Section 4 Baidoa-Somalia 252 Baydhabo, Somalia
3. SOMALI HUMAN RIGHTS ASSOCIATION (SOHRA) Elimination of Culture of impunity in Somalia. www.sohrasom.org Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. INISKOY PEACE & DEVELOPMENT ORGANISATION (IPDO) will promote sustainable development, protect and enhance the rights of silent majority and marginalized groups. We work together with local and international institutions over worldwide in order to share and exchange with them their long experience in this field improving the capacity of our resources and management practice with adhering Peace, Development, www.iniskoy.org Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Socio-Economic Development and Human Rights Organization (SEDHURO). SEDHURO mission is to contribute and foster the ideals of human rights, democracy, good governance, safety and security and access to basic livelihoods and social services targeting the most vulnerable and hard to reach population. www.sedhuro.org Email: email@example.com
6. CENTER FOR PEACE & HUMAN RIGHTS by Hassan Black
7. KHALIF HUDOW HUMAN RIGHTS ORGANISATION (KAHRO) Focus on all Human. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Somali community action group (SCAG) To Help and Develop the Distressed, Needy, Neglected znd Vulnerable People In South West Somali Regions Socially, Politically And Economically By Providing Them Necessary Assistance For Sustaining Their Lives And Conditions. www.scagsom.org Email: email@example.com
9. DISABLED AID FOUNDATION
10. ADVTSOM – is the Agency against discrimination, violence and torture is a national organization based in Somalia and has operational presence in Mogadishu and Baidoa. ADVTSOM particularly focuses on advocating for inclusion and representation, fight against discrimination, violence and torture on any ground, such as: sex, race, language, religion, disability, gender, political or other opinion, Social origin, association with a national minority, property, birth, or any other status, ADVTSOM Fights violence, drug abuse, Corruptions, empower women, lobby education for all and encourage production safe sanitary pads. Contact Person: Amal Abdullahi. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Maternal Mercy and Development MMD
www.mmdsom.org , Contactperson: Asad Abukar Ali , Email: email@example.com
12. Irman foundation
To mobilize resources for Somali Communities in both urban and rural areas on equity, justice, and access to basic services and rights basis.
To work with communities by achieving sustainable, equitable economic recourses’ and social development programs that promote peace and justice to the neediest communities. Contact person Cabdiraxmaan Siciid , Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , Tel: +252614828000
13. Somali Humanitarian Organization (SHO) To offer well thought out and precise solutions that focus on problem at hand by continuously focusing on environmental sound interventions, equity, health, good governance, justice, democracy and human rights. www.sho.org.so Email. Info@sho.org.so and email@example.com
14. Iftin Education and Development. Education and and advocacy for poverty eradication. www.iftiin.net Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
15. Mother & Child Welfare Organisation (MACWO). To promote and protect the rights of people in worldwide and to cry out and stand against inequality, injustice and misuse of power. Also to promote human rights respect through human rights education, health, good governance, democracy awareness raising and investigation, documentation, monitoring and advocacy of human right abuses. www.macwo.org Email. email@example.com
16. Horn Afrik Refugees Network – it is a network of urban refugees in horn of Africa region of which mission is to protect and advocate for urban refugees rights.
17. Somali Disability Journalist Association (SODJA)
SODJA mission is the distribution of protection services, skills development and
Professional journalist equipment and tools necessary access for the fulfillment of
Their duties and works to the community
HQ Office: Waberi District, Mogadishu-Somalia
Mob: +252 614 41 95 54 / +252 619 44 44 42
18. Hirshabelle human rights Centre (SHRC)
SHRC will strive to receive protection, fulfillment of minimum human rights standards, and equal participation for all levels in social affairs in terms of political, cultural, economic, security, justice, employment, freedom speech and to obtain sustainable and inclusive democracy.
As well as SHRC will ensure dignity and human rights of all persons, including refugees, IDPs, minorities, women, disabled, aged and children living in the HirShabelle State of Somalia, are fully respected, realized and protected by the rule of law. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
19. Somali Women Development Organisation(SOWDI) by Faduma Ali Adan
20. AGROCARE – Mission: Protection of all human rights for all people; to help empower people to realize their rights. Contact address and website: www.agrocare.org , Contact person: Mohamed Abdullahi, E-mail: email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 00252615501542
21. Action for Peace and Development Organization (APDO).
22. Somali peace and human rights centre (SPHRC), Faisal Abdullahi Ali, chairman, M.+252618534443
23. Centre for Human Rights & Peace (CHRP) is a non-governmental, non-partisan, and non-profit human rights organization committed to defending the rights of poor, marginalized and socially excluded communities and individuals, with a special focus on women, children and youth.
- A society that respects and upholds human rights and human dignity.
- To promote social justice in Galmudug state through research, capacity building, advocacy and litigation.
- Email: email@example.com
24. Somali Women & Child Care Association – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Liberia Road near Shaqalaha Junction.
Local Branch Offices
Walawayn and Baidoa.
Contact person executive Dirictor :Said Abdikadir Ahmed
25. Southwest Human Rights Defenders Network SWHRDN
26. Allamagan Human Rights Centre – contact person : Mihila
27. Somali disability network
Contact person – Abdullahi hussein osman
28. MCA-Network – General Director: Ibrahim Hassan
Next- Somali- Hotel.
29. Humanitarian & Development Cluster , email@example.com
30. WOMEN HUMAN RIGHTS ACTION CENTER WHRAC is a feminist organization that works on gender equality, sexual violence and child marriage. HQ; Kismayo, Somalia with sub office in Beledweyne. Chairwoman: Sacda Cabdi Ismaaciil,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, T. 0634713883,
Program Manager: Asiya Maxamed Yusuf, Project coordinator: Maariya Cabdiqaadir Maxamed,
31. Somaliland Research & Relief Organization SOMRAR , is a research based development & human rights NGO, www.somrar.org
Email: email@example.com ,
32. DARYEL HUMAN RIGHTS ORGANIZATION Type of the Organization: Local NGO. Organizational Base: Bay ,Bakool, Lower Shabeele region. Areas of Coverage: Southwest State of Somalia Establishment Date: 1st February, 2005 Acronym: DHRO Founder Members: Seven Contact Person: Ali Hassan Abdirahman Title: Chairman Telephone: +252616734044/+252612556696 Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mission: To improve protection of human rights through advocacy.